17 June 2005

In Search of Landscape Help

Last October we stopped into a local landscape place and asked them to come out and give us an estimate. They said sure they'd be out next week. We waited, but no one ever showed.

This spring we were driving by the place again and decided to give it another try. We stopped and put our name in again. We ended up getting an appointment set up for last Wednesday. I was so excited. I got my "dream" pictures together and a list of some of the plants I was interested in.

Wednesday morning I got a call from the place. Since it ended up being so nice out the landscaper decided to cancel our appointment. They are a month behind you know. We'll call back around the fourth to reschedule another appointment. Wow, is it just me or does telling a potential customer that they are not a priority kind of a mistake. I know it made me feel pretty crappy.

That afternoon I was checking out the house blogs site and came across this post (see #5). Time to move on right.

So this afternoon I checked out the yellow pages and came across another landscaper. I gave them a call and they suggested that if I was able I might send some photos and they would take a look at the project before we came in for a meeting. Five minutes on the phone with this place and I'm already farther than I was in 9 months with the other guys. I sent out an e-mail with some photos and my "dream" pictures and plant ideas. I'm excited to get the ball rolling on this. Tim and I just can't seem to agree on anything landscaping wise so I'm excited to see what a third party comes up with.