16 June 2005

My Very First Conference

Check it out...
and I'm going to attend (well that is if I'm one of the first 25, I'll let you know)!

I've never been to a conference before. I had to ask if I could show up and hour or so late on those days. "What for," my boss asks suspiciously. "A conference," I meekly reply. "What kind of conference?" "One that has absolutely nothing to do with work, it's on preservation." I get a funny/dirty look and he says ok. What he doesn't understand is that my need for money to feed my preservation addiction is the reason I come to work most days. But thanks anyway Ed, you're the greatest!

I'm so excited I just read the brochure over and over again. Hey! We need some sort of slang term for preservation nerds like myself. Anyone have any creative suggestions???

WooHoo!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I know what you mean there. I tell myself (about my current job on occasional bad days), " I'll stay here until we finish certain projects." I think of my jobs now in terms of paying for my renovation and that's why I show up too!

I can't think of a name right now- I am not big on labels myself. Have fun at the conference!

John said...

My wife and I call ourselves House Whores. It's not flattering but seems pretty accurate. Everything we do for money is done in reference for what we can get for the house.

Enjoy the conference.

Suzanne said...

Enjoy the conference. Learn something and do a report for us when you get back. It sounds really interesting, as my husband and I are both sick of our careers, we're looking for something really different!
By the way, I think you need some new "conference" shoes.....go shopping!

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! stop smoking aids eric johnson state farm insurance ny Tired+hevay eye lids+symptoms+low blood pressure Karyn + voyeur Shock wave scrabble games