20 June 2005

The Great Trash Can Search of 2005

I've been searching for a trash can for my kitchen for the last year and a half. Which I know sounds crazy, but when you are a perfectionist that sort of thing tends to happen. We were originally going to have one of those in the cabinet pull-out kinds, but then decided against it due to a severe shortage of cabinet space.

I've been looking at wooden ones with flip fronts for quite sometime, but in the end they all just seemed a little to cheaply put together for my taste. And then the other day I found it.

Meet the Sunbeam 20-lit. Yellow Retro Step Trash Can from Target. It's soft yellow color is going to look beautiful against my old-kitchen green walls! The only problem is going to be if it's cat proof or not.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, I'm so glad to read your post. I too searched months for a trashcan and thought I was being ridiculously fussy... now I know that even if I was, I'm not alone! Our kitchen here in London is tiny, and after renovating the kitchen 2 years back I was determined to have the trashcan hidden in a custom-built cupboard. But, it turned out that the space I'd allowed was too narrow to accomodate your everyday trashcan. I looked everywhere, including considering some expensive models, until I hit jackpot at the local "pound" store, so called because things cost only a pound! Yes, my perfect thin-but-wide bin was hiding there all along. Your bin is a lot nicer looking than mine though. :-)

K said...

Oooh, pretty! Who ever thought I'd be saying that about a trash can?

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Statistics on ford mustang abdominal+liposuction car collegeville dealer paxil pms Luxury rental cars florida Order tenuate from canada on line Boy dating game sim Teens with vibrator afghanistan long stay travel insurence