03 July 2008

When It Rains It Leaks


OK... so we've had these leaks for awhile now and we've been hoping that if we ignore them they will go away. Don't laugh. Yes, deep down we knew they wouldn't go away if we ignored them. But I did say hope didn't I. And hopes don't have to be realistic.
So I am to the point that I can't ignore them any more. Tim is still in denial. This is causing some marital tension, but then would it be a renovation if it didn't. So I am hoping. DON'T LAUGH AT ME... that we can attempt to solve this problem over the long holiday weekend. Notice I said attempt, that's because while I can slip into denial at times I tend to wake up to find myself practical again. So I realize that it is probably going to take a few tries to get these leaks back down to nothing, or at least to the point where we can happily ignore them again.

So I was thinking what we really need is a construction lift so we can check things out with out risking our lives hanging out windows. And then I got to wondering do others of you housebloggers wish you had one oh say in the garage or barn to pull out and use when you need it? Or is it just me who was stupid enough to buy a 52 ft. house. It's OK you can say it's just me. Can I ask for one for Christmas? Or will Santa get my letter, open it, and blow cocoa out his nose as he laughs calling the Elves over. I can see it now "What does she think we are Rent-A-Center!" he would say as his belly jiggled like a bowl full of jelly.

So maybe we'll do something on the house here in the next couple of days. Or maybe not.

And please don't respond with dire warnings of death by black mold. Yes I know. -sigh- But then again we all gotta die of something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

To prevent a nasally launched spray of cocoa by ol St. Nick, perhaps you could rent a lift for a weekend. It would definitely be cheaper than buying, and hopefully you won't need it for too long.

Anonymous said...

“Tim is still in denial. This is causing some marital tension”

I might think that the continuous belittling of your husband (05 November 2007), the constant nagging (23 January 2008), the accusations that he’s cheating on you or dealing drugs (10 November 2007) or the possibility that you’ve got a little somethin’ somethin’ going on with a male model – that makes you all tittering and blushing alone in your computer room (20 May 2008) while he’s at work may have something to do with it as well.

I guess if I were your husband the blogging is what would be causing my marital tension. Lets take a look at all of the work Tim’s been doing both at work and at home and then also trying to help YOUR family as well (26 September 2007) … and you’re am a stay at home mom who complains that she doesn’t have time to type. My heart goes out to your loving husband and all of the other people doing work at YOUR house.

I’d also go buy him a good mold respirator. (http://www.drillspot.com/products/66073/North_760008A_Full_Face_Respirator)