04 January 2008

Waste of Fricking Money

I want to call my husband and scream and yell. But I won't because I am a good wife.

They came Monday and installed the corn furnace the rest of the way and the last few days have been a constant battle with it. If it actually stays lit, it doesn't keep the house warm. I let the temperature fall to 63 and then I'd bump the propane on to catch it up so I don't know just how low the thing would fall before it would keep up.

Yesterday morning the contractor came out to start the fire because Tim had to get to work and we couldn't figure out why it would have gone out (he said it was feed that plugged the auger, but when Tim looked at it this morning after it went out again he said the auger is not sitting right and it's grinding the corn up into feed). I talked to him about it not keeping up and how maybe we need a bigger exchanger on the furnace. He told me that the exchanger was more than big enough for area this size in that "Don't be stupid" tone of voice. I wanted to make a nasty comment, but not only am I a nice wife, I am a good person so I just smiled sweetly at him bottling my anger deep, deep inside.

What really burns me is we used a really expensive contractor. And it's still not right. Arrrrrrrrg@!#$

Well today that anger is itching to get out. I need to get somethings tonight at the store and I just know Tim is going to make a fuss about price and not having any money. Well at least the camera case I plan on buying will work unlike that stupid corn furnace he bought. There I said it, and hopefully that will be enough and I won't have to have a complete melt down in the middle of the Target store.

I wish I had a time machine. I'd hop in it and travel back to October and forbid Tim from buying that stupid corn furnace. Instead I'd take the money and buy a Wii and the Guitar Hero game (I played it with my cousin last weekend and fell in love, I even dreamed about it last night, serious). Then if I was angry I'd just rock out until my anger subsided...

Slow Ride -da dum dumb, da dum dumb-
Take It Easy -da dum dumb, da dum dumb-
I'm In The Mood...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I hate it when you pay someone to get something done right and it just isn't done right. That just sucks!

And yes, I think a Wii and guitar hero would have been a very good choice. Maybe you can convince your hubby to get some money back from the shoddy work done by the contractor, and sneak a Wii into the house with it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Breathe! Then get on the phone with the stupid contractor and demand a refund.

sugarcreekfarm said...

Dang, I would have come and played Guitar Hero with you. Matt won't let me get it. He doesn't want the kids sitting around playing video games. How un-American ;)

I hope things get worked out with the corn burner! And you are a good wife. Historically I've not had that kind of self-restraint.

Sandy said...

I have never had that kind of restraint either! LOL

You are definitely a good wife!

Unknown said...

I hope it works out for you. We have a corn burning stove & love it--tho' it is more work than just bumping up the thermostat.

Good job on the not yelling!

Unknown said...

I just read the back story on your home! We don't know THAT much about our house and my husband is the fifth generation of his family to live in it! Very cool story

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Grrr! I agree! And what the heck is a corn furnace anyway?!

Corn's for poppin', not for heatin'! heehee

Now, go ahead, sweetie...Rock on!