26 October 2007

You Think You're Having A Bad Day...


at least you aren't walking around with a can on your head.


So Elsa and I are hanging out on the couch watching Martha Stewart when we hear this banging on the kitchen window. So I put her in the swing and head over to check it out. Well, it's this greedy little cat. So I'm torn about what to do because I was taught growing up not to mess with strange animals. And even though it's kind of funny watching the poor thing stagger around (I know- bad person, I can't help it, it was funny) the front yard I do feel sorry for it. Plus it would probably spend the last of its days in my front yard and end up dying there and how evil and trashy would that look.


Tim had a pair of leather gloves laying around so I put those on and headed out. It didn't run away when I, talking REALLY loudly so it could hear my through the can, walked up to it. It took me five tires before I got it un-stuck, it was really lodged on. And boy was I glad I had those gloves because it was not happy during the attempts. But finally it fell out and ran away hissing.


Of course it chose to run right into the basement. Stupid cat. No, it's not our fault we leave the basement door cracked. Remember what happened last time we had a unwanted cat in the house?


All I know is if it's down there it had better kill some of those mice who keep showing up at night in the kitchen in gratitude.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, this poor cat reminds my husband and I of our daughter...who has this strange fascination with wearing a box on her head and running around. Its really quite entertaining...

Sandy said...

I am so glad you helped the poor cat. I am happy that it ended well, and I am hoping he/she is repaying you by catching all those mice!