15 October 2007

Blog Action Day 2007

Today, October 15th, people in the blogging community were called on to speak a bit about the environment as part of an effort to raise awareness, it's being called Blog Action Day.



I would love to say that I have undertaken some major project here at the farmhouse, but I can't. So instead I am going to pass on a cool article I read in our local electric company's news letter. It gives steps on how to do a do-it-yourself home energy audit. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I definitely plan to. I'm just holding out because there is a contest where you can win all of the tools they mentioned in the article (well, maybe not the dollar bill). I'm going to hold out for a month and keep my fingers crossed. Well that and I think I will become severely depressed if I try the incense trick. I don't need the incense, you can feel it blowing in and the cracks are VERY visible to the naked eye -sigh- But anyway... here's the link, check it out:



How to save energy with an incense stick, a flashlight and a dollar bill.



Also, for those of you who read in from the area and belong to the Butler County REC (like us) check out their Change a Light Campaign. Defiantly something we will take advantage of.

No comments: