10 August 2005

One Very Bad Weekend

Sugar Creek Farm's blog has the story of what happened this weekend. I was at the airport when it happened. I had just gotten there to see if I could bring Tim some supper. I think I held it together pretty well. I didn't start crying until people started showing up asking if that was Tim.

A couple of months ago I had a job interview. One of the questions was, "What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in life." I sat there for a little bit knowing I was supposed to say something about success at college or winning that internship. But all that I could get out of my mouth was, "My husband and I have been restoring an old house for the last three years and we are still married." I could see that my answer threw her. She finally replied that she and her husband had a few small jobs done, and that was definitely something to be very proud of.

So I just wanted to take these few seconds to say I could not do this without you. I love you. Fly careful.

No comments: