12 July 2005

Spent A Little Quality Time with the House Plants Yesterday

First the Linda plant got a larger home to accommodate her ever growing roots. She had gotten pretty cramped in that little plastic container she was in.

My mom figures she'll go crazy and grow to the ceiling. I have a plan for just that event. I'll just get a couple of song birds to set up house in her branches and spend my evenings soaking in the tub under the Linda plant listening to the music.










This huge planter was from my grandfather's funeral. I was the one that ended up with it because I was the only one with a house large enough to keep the beast.

Originally it had the two types of ivy, the Lilly below, and a couple of outdoor flowers. The flowers died last fall and slowly the ivy had taken over. It's incredible... I've never had luck with ivy before and I can't keep up with the stuff in this pot.

So instead of letting it lay in a dejected heap on the floor I bought this obelisk to train it up on. Eventually I'll move it downstairs to one of the bigger rooms.

I just didn't know what else to do with it.




This Lilly was originally in with the ivy. Isn't the pot the cutest thing ever! It was painted by Tim's aunt Mary and she gave it to me for a shower present. It's just one of those things that makes you smile every time you see it.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

that's a great idea to put the obelisk in with the ivy. I imagine it'll end up being kind of like a big green sculpture in a year or so... ivy grows fast!

Jocelyn said...

I like houseplants too- there is something so nice about puttering around and transplanting and things like that- yours look quite nice.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! erectile dysfunction get an erection schwanger mit clomid Tips for betting clomid http://www.graduate-schools-2.info/records-management-training-courses.html Propecia photo Fitness ball training Cost of ultracet without insurance Cny section 3 boys basketball home mortgage refinancing ypsilanti43