09 June 2005

What a Way to Start a Day

Tim got up this morning and left for his first crop spraying in an airplane experience in Nebraska (I think). It's also his first time using Round-up so cross your fingers he doesn't spray the wrong field and we have to sell the new furniture to pay for some guys crop.

So I was peacefully sleeping away when I was rudely awaken by a roaring sound flying by my window. The second time it happens it finally dawns on me it's Tim in the plane.

I jump out of bed,
throw on a robe,
race down the stairs,
miss the last stair,
take a nose dive into the pile of wood work at the bottom.

It hurts! But I don't even look at my wounds because I can hear him going over the house again. I get to the door and stand on the porch yelling, "ouch, ouch, ouch!" and look over at the barn and there are the structural repair guys who were supposed to come yesterday.

So I run in the house (Tim doesn't make another fly-by so I don't get to see him). Clean up the big gashes in my arms and legs, and change into something a little more decent.

When I get back outside the guys are back inside the barn. I stick my head in to apologize for the unpleasant experience/sight, but they were to caught up in how cool the fly over was to notice my embarrassed apology.

So I then make the stupid mistake of asking how things look. It sounds like it's a lot worse than we had thought. We knew the foundation was good so there's no surprise there. And we knew that the side walls were separating from the rest of the structure. What we didn't count on was how badly rotted the floor of the haymow was. It sound like that will have to be completely replaced with new supports before they can start repairing the side walls. Then of course the new roof needs to be put on. After that they said any other work can be done at a later time (i.e. after you crawl out of the massive debt these fixes will put you in).

Is it too late to go back to bed and start the day over???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky...
What a day already...Do you feel like you need a hug yet...or a smoothie or something.
Oh, and its NEVER too late to start the day over!
Have a better one!

janette

K said...

Oh goodness, that sounds like painful experience. :)