12 June 2005

A Long Overdue Thank You


Thank you Em and family!


Last weekend Tim and I took the truck up to my friend Em's folks. They had some old house parts in their barn and wondered if we would be interested in them. Of course I would!

What they had ended up being in better shape than any of the woodwork that was in our house when we bought it.


We got baseboard which we are going to put in the mudroom. What we don't have we'll have copied. That way we can use the few original pieces that remained after the re-muddeling back there as fillers for missing pieces in places like the down stairs bath and dining room.

The rest of it I want to us in the up-stairs of the future garage. How cool of an entry would it be to come through the gigantic pocket door into my own little private retreat. I don't know if I've ever shared this, but I want to make the second floor of the garage into a studio with a darkroom and room for a couple of looms and all of my vast scrap fabric collection. That back bedroom just isn't big enough for all my art projects.


Right now it's cozy and out of the elements in my dad's shed. Now I have to start dreaming up floor plans that incorporate those nifty columns in the garage too. The project will probably become so complicated that I'll need another blog just to track that progress- "This Old Garage."


On another note on our way out to their place we saw this old farm house getting ready to move on to greener pastures (and hopefully a new, less green, paint job).