02 November 2007

My Aunt, The Hooker On The Corner

Since Tim is out helping my dad harvest corn instead of working on the dining room floor I'll take today to tell you about my aunt Carla's new (ok, it was a year old in July so not quite so new) quilt store.

She and some other local ladies started a quilt shop in one of the corner buildings of their town, Williamsburg, IA. Check out this link to their website for pictures (if they don't come up try clicking the about us link off to the side). They don't really do the place justice. It really does have that "country store" feel they were looking to achieve.

I wish they had a picture where you could see the back wall. On that wall there is a door to a little office they have. Instead of being a solid door they used a wooden screen. It really works well balancing separation of the space with the openness needed to keep an eye on customers who might have needs. It's such a cute idea I wish I had a use for it here at the house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, their quilt kits look fabulous! Are they planning on having a booth at the AQS show in Des Moines next year? I am definitely heading to that...will be much closer than my yearly trek to Paducah...though I can't pass up Paducah either :) Yay! I'm bookmarking their site :)

Becky said...

I don't know if they are. I'll try and find out and let you know.

Anonymous said...

http://www.americanquilter.com/quilt_world/news/fullStory.php?newsid=59

:)