08 November 2007

Four Years Later

The light in the dining room is up. We purchased if off of Ebay just over four years ago. Amazingly this delicate fixture has been moved all over and never broken. Right now it is missing the crystal ball that hangs in the center, but I remember seeing it up in the attic a few months ago so I'm sure it can be relocated with out much trouble.

I think it's too high. The only problem is who ever rewired it didn't leave enough wire to hang it very low. In fact, we had to remove links from the chain to hang it. I'm keeping those links and after a few years (when I get bored with having an actual working light fixture) maybe I'll have it re-wired again to hang at a more respectable dining room height. Maybe in say, four years. For now, since it is such a delicate fixture I don't think it looks awful. The final call will be made when the table gets drug in.

No comments: