13 October 2007

The Paint Tool Arriveith

Need the back story? Check out yesterdays post.

The paint tool is here. And I am already developing issues with the paint job and the brush isn't even out of the box. You need a garden hose to clean it. This seems to be the major selling point of it. Tim is impressed. I opened the box and he said, "Cool, why don't I ever think of things like that."

So back to the garden hose. We don't actually have a "real" outside water hook up. That was on the list of things to do this summer. And since we didn't do much house-wise this summer it's not done.

Our current hose hook up situation right now is you have to attach it to the bottom of the water heater in the basement and then run the hose up through the basement doors. This is Tim's area of expertise. i.e. something Becky doesn't want to do because learning to do it will limit her ability to whine about there being no outside water hook up. Yes, I use ignorance as a weapon. Better that then -ahem- other things.

So again back to the garden hose. This is what I know if it. These pictures suck because I wasn't in the mood to trek around to the back of the house so I took them out windows. Sorry.

Here is a photo of the hose tangle on the scaffolding we built over the basement staircase to side the house.


This photo shows parts of a garden hose. I worry that the ones it the tangle have this same issue. I'm guessing here, but I thing Tim ran it over with the lawn mower. I was watching mow a couple weeks ago and saw him take out an extension cord. I don't know if it was plugged in or not. I didn't want to know. I really need to up the life insurance on him -sigh-

And in case you can't tell I'm not cleaning out the dining room. And it's definitely going to rain tonight/tomorrow so off to Grandma and Grandpa's (Molly's not ours) house we will go. I will clean Monday. I promise, just don't hold your breath.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first 'backstory' link doesn't work...it goes to the 'housebloggers only' section of Houseblogs.net so most people aren't going to be able to access it. :-)

Greg said...

This is the second post I've seen about this tool. Honestly, my first impression is it seems like a very good idea. Me second impression is, I wouldn't want to paint with that thing for hours on end. It does not look comfortable to hold.

If you're a weekend warrior painting a cabinet and then it sits in the garage for 6 months, It seems like a good idea. Someone planning to paint the entire house in the next 2 years, I'm not so sure it would be the way to go.

Becky said...

Thanks Aaron, I'll fix that :)