04 October 2007

Mums


My plan was to share these for the Autumn feature entry in Houseblogs, but didn't meet the deadline. Plus, it's not the greatest composition in the world. I was kind of in a hurry when I took it- hungry baby. Tim bought them this spring at Home Depot (I wanted nothing to do with them because I was a little leery of the quality of plant you purchase from said store). I might have to be a little more accepting of the big box store garden centers now because these puppies flourished. There isn't a square inch that isn't covered with flowers.

I love Martha Stewarts pages on how to care for particular plants (OK so I just love Martha Stewart all around). Here is her page on mums although I have to say I did nothing that she suggests. They pretty much got planted and watered every other day when it was dry.

3 comments:

sugarcreekfarm said...

So what color are they? From the picture they look beige, but I've not seen beige mums before. Maybe my monitor is goofy :P

Becky said...

It's a hard color to describe. Maybe creamy-light-pinkish-peach.

Larry said...

Hello!

What color is the siding on your house? It looks kind of grey.

Please let me know.

Larry
correus@yahoo.com
http://simpsonsfolly.blogspot.com/