12 June 2007

Iowa River Power Restaurant


Today Molly, my mom, and I took a day trip to Iowa City to see my sister Mary. We had a lovely time putzing around and eating -two things the four of us do well.

Mary took us to lunch at the Iowa River Power Restaurant which I have wanted to eat at since I discovered it existed on a college field trip eight years ago. I was a little worried because I figured it was a pretty pricey place, but we all agreed once we got there it was no more expensive than eating at an Applebees would be and the food and service was 10x better. I would imagine supper would be quite a bit more expensive then lunch, but I'll have to visit again at night to find out for sure :) (hint, hint Tim).

Here's a link to the restaurant's web site- http://www.powercompanyrestaurant.com/
the pictures are mostly of the Lounge where we ate, but the coolest part of the building is the Main Dining room which unfortunately only has one photo on the site. My favorite part was one section that had a bunch of old lead glass windows hanging from the ceiling- a few of which would make a good fit in the foyer. Also, check out the photos of Flannigan's. It wasn't open yet when we went in so we didn't get to check out that section- but I LOVE the tile floor in the photo!
I think the other girls would agree- ***** 5 stars all the way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've driven by that restaurant many times, and I've always wanted to see the inside! Thanks for posting the picture! :)

Mike said...

Hey,

Any time you come to Iowa City and want to visit our place, let me know, we'd be happy to host!