07 March 2006

Kitchen Porch Light

Last week Tim got the kitchen porch light installed as part of the stair moving project.
There was quite a battle over this little light fixture (from Rejuvenation). I LOVED it. Tim HATED it. Claiming it was too "missiony" for our house and a "weird" shape. But I LOVED it.
Could this be why he put in a sneaky order for wallpaper samples with out consulting me first?

It seems like the closer we get to finishing this (and the fewer decisions there are to be made) the more we are butting heads and the less we are compromising.

Who thinks we need major counseling?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you can tell your husband that I LOVE it too!
In fact, I thought that light was so fabulous that I ordered it myself (my base is a bit different - round with a small bead detail, and in burnished antique brass) for our upstairs landing. It was the first time I'd ever ordered anything by mail. Four years later, I still love it to death, and it gets plenty of compliments.
I'll try to post a picture of my hall in the near future. I really like the base you selected...I was afraid it wouldn't quite fit with the interior details in my home.

Great choice! You won't regret your decision. I like that you're painting the porch ceiling blue, as well.

Hausfrau said...

Absolutely love the blue porch ceiling! When we moved our square 2 story onto this acreage in 2004 I told my husband I wanted a porch before a garage. He's hoping to get that porch started this summer. The plan has always included the old fashioned blue ceiling. I love reading what you've done and continue to do. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the blue ceiling on the porch.

Mandi said...

I love the light fixture! It's so unique and just really pretty. The base is quite nice too, very different. Also, love the blue ceiling! :)