27 July 2005

There's a Light at the End of the Tunnel

Please don't let it be a train :)



Just about all of the woodwork in the front upstairs hall is in. Save of course those few pieces that didn't get refinished or that aren't quite fitting the way they used to therefore in need of tweeking. And of course I still have to sink nails and fill.

This has been a monster of a project. There are 9 doors in this hall two of them being to other parts of the hall (two sides to finish). Plus when I'm done there's no perk of moving stuff in. I'm just done. So the motivation just hasn't been there for this one.

7 comments:

K. said...

Gosh, it just looks sooooo goood. I want to eat that caramelly wood. Yum! Is that the finished wall color, or will you paint?

Greg said...

It really does look nice. All the hard work was worth it. Is that corner protector peice original to the house?

Jocelyn said...

very nice work!

Becky said...

No that is the finished wall color. It is a shade lighter than the master bedroom (I'm sorry I don't remember the name).

The corner piece is original to the house and that was its original location. We have two others. One in the hallway to the mudroom and the other on the chimney in the foyer (which is no longer there so I will have to find a new spot to use the beauty).

Anonymous said...

Becky- I'm never gonna say this again, 'cause it's so nice giving you shit, but that is one damn good looking hallway.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» »

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »