01 June 2005

How Should We Go About Attaching the Garage to the House?

Ha ha! Just kidding. You can breath now old house lovers.

We are planning on putting the garage in back of the house on the west side. The back door of the house will become our primary means of entry. I plan on planting a little herb garden along the walkway from the house to the garage.

But first we need to figure out the design of the building we want to build. We want it to be big enough to hold two cars with room for our tools until that far-away date when Tim can get his hanger built. I want the upstairs to be finished off so I can turn it into my own private space. A place for my loom(s) and hopefully someday a darkroom.

This cute little garage in town also caught our eye a few months ago. It can't be over five years old.
Anyone interested in a car?
Here's the house it belongs to.

We also love the plans from this webpage: Scott Porter Designs. Tim is especially drawn to the gothic one. He is bound and determined to make something on this farm gothic looking.

5 comments:

K said...

What a cute little garage! We have a carport behind our house (in the exact spot you plan to put yours). We plan to extend the brick walkway one day, so I don't have to tiptoe through the grass in my heels in the morning. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

Alexander said...

I always prefer portable garage. Recently I bought a quality portable building in cheapest price. Its easy to install anytime anyware.