11 June 2005

Driving Around All Hopped Up on adrenaline

I hate going to the doctor with a passion. I told Tim that he is never to take me to medical help with out my explicit permission (which I will never give him). If I am unconscious, well you'll just have to wait for me to wake up. It was practically a wedding vow.

I'm not against modern medicine or anything like that. I just like to have the visit on my own terms. i.e. I like to make up information so I don't sound like a big sissy (one of my greatest fears- being a big sissy), or have any unwelcome testing done (another greatest fear- needles).

I had one of those on my own term thingys scheduled for yesterday morning. I was so nervous I didn't sleep hardly at all. So I finally got up and going and ended up getting into town way to early. For those of you not aware there is a calculation to figure the amount of time you can sanely spend in a waiting room.


(probable number of decent magazines/number of cars in the parking lot) x 10 minutes
The drive by showed that I needed 10 minutes of waiting room time and I was there 40 minutes early. So I drove around town for awhile looking at houses. Here's the cream of the crop.


It doesn't show up real great in these shots,
but the landscaping around this place was so cute!

Cool window huh?


Loved the three little "climbing" windows.

2 comments:

K said...

I am so with you on the needle-hating. *shudder*

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »